1509 Holly Street, Houston, TX 77007
University of Houston, Houston, TX - 1991-1992
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN - 1988-1990
Outsourced / virtual CTO / CIO - 2017 - present
Provide IT leadership services across business transitions, strategic planning, technology due diligence, and people management and mentoring needs. Develop short and long-term strategies and roadmaps aligning business goals and technology solutions. Manage service delivery before and after staff changes, M&A activities or winding down business lines. Identify risks, opportunities, and alternatives in architecture, security, delivery/scalability and process development.
Enterprise Architect - 2014-2017
Provided architecture design and implementation leadership in all pillars of IT across enterprise scope of 100+ lines of business, 700+ applications, $3.4B in revenue, 100+ countries and 42,000 employees.
Spearheaded Intertek’s new LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System), supporting $2.1B in laboratory testing revenue, 19,000 global employees, and 600+ locations
- Designed and delivered a global anti-counterfeiting platform for customer reports. Four million+ documents were signed yearly with a 100% success rate of document security for compliant customers.
- Chaired the IT Design Committee responsible for developing and reviewing project proposals, solution designs, technology/tool implementations and proposed standards for fitness against Intertek’s business strategy and enterprise architecture.
- Consulted with executive leadership on evaluations for business initiatives, vendor products, technologies and cloud initiatives.
- Led a two-year effort to design and deliver the Microsoft Office 365 (o365) mail, Skype for Business and OneDrive for Business platforms to 35,000+ employees.
- Served as the technical lead between the IT Security team and internal and external technical teams for all initiatives.
Director, Technical Services - 2010-2014
Delivered all aspects of infrastructure strategy, engineering and support for global testing, inspection and certification solutions provider. Hired and managed a staff of 30+ and a £10M operational budget. Selected for and mentored as successor to CIO.
- Designed and delivered a £20M, hybrid cloud solution including three new scalable regional data centers to support enterprise-wide consolidation of servers and application hosting.
- Served as a pillar lead in a team responsible for selection of, transition to, and management of India-based outsourcing provider of IT & Financial services from internal teams.
- Collaborated with business units to evaluate, guide solutioning and effectively introduce new technologies and products across XaaS technologies, SaaS applications, application development, infrastructure, tools and security.
- Built and managed 10+ new global teams of internal and external resources to develop and support solutions in follow-the-sun mode.
- Reviewed system design, testing, disaster recovery, incident response, escalations, and application and data security requests and exceptions. Served as escalation point and decision maker in problem resolution and incident management ITIL-based processes.
- Managed the deployment of systems and policy to deliver and support end-points around the world.
Manager, IT Application Services 2009 – 2010
Manager, IT Application Support 2008 – 2009
GC SERVICES, L.P.
IT Applications Manager - 2005 - 2008
Led the development of applications and services supporting 9,000+ concurrent users across North America and $400M annual revenue. Built three teams totaling 16 employees delivering application development and Tier I & II Support. Managed a $1.5M operational budget.
- Led architecture and development for a replacement core business system supporting $360M of revenue, 8,000 employees and 100,000+ phone calls on a daily basis.
- Implemented PCI and SOX-compliant web and telephony-based customer payment application supporting $10M in revenue.
- Designed solutions for and built a team to deliver application hosting and delivery services for critical systems.
Manager – Enterprise Tool Support 2004-2005
Project Manager 2003 – 2004
Independent consultant - 2001 - 2003
Identified, planned and implemented infrastructure and e-commerce projects— from server planning and installation to providing development project management and technical support for numerous ventures.
RED SKY INTERACTIVE
Manager, Enterprise Systems Support - 1998 - 2001
Delivered financial and operational systems supporting a company of 600+ people and $10M in revenue. Advanced through positions of increasing responsibility in this rapidly growing Branding, Web Presence and Java development service provider.
- Managed implementation and delivery of an Oracle EBS Financials and HRIS implementation as an early adopter of Oracle’s IaaS solution.
- Responsible for application hosting across 30+ internal and customer-facing systems, including delivery, DR and availability.
- Developed and delivered a Customer Support department supporting 6 major clients.
Director of Customer Support 1997 – 1998
Client Services Coordinator 1997
Developer / Consultant 1996 – 1997
GREENBERG, GRANT & RICHARDS, LLP
Accounting & IT Manager - 1993 - 1996
Responsible for all day-to-day accounting functions, payroll, Netware 3.12 server and workstation support, clerical staff management and support of core business systems for this 30-person Accounts Receivable Services firm.
CASA JUAN DIEGO / THE HOUSTON CATHOLIC WORKER
Deliver all technology at this Houston-based charity, including application development, online donations, web presence, social media, and wired/wireless networking.